# AlmaLinux Errata
# About Errata
Errata are package updates like some enhancements and features, bug fixes and security patches. These updates can be found at errata.almalinux.org (opens new window) as a list of errata advisories.
Advisories are published text to help users get the information that errata provide and their impact. There are three types of advisories:
- ALSA - AlmaLinux Security Advisory - considered the most important type as it contains security fixes
- ALBA - AlmaLinux Bug Advisory - contains bug fixes
- ALEA - AlmaLinux Enhancement Advisory - contains enhancements and new features
These advisories are ranked by severity: Critical, Important, Moderate and Low.
Besides type and severity details, each advisory includes some description, references, a list of updated packages and the release date.
# How to access errata
- You can find updateinfo.xml files in repos and mirrors. Or run the following command to see the list of advisories as an output:
dnf updateinfo --list
- Recommended to use .json files with updated schema:
- .json files with deprecated schema:
- details about OVAL files can be found at OVAL streams (opens new window) AlmaLinux Wiki page
# Mailing list
You can subscribe to the AlmaLinux errata mailing list (opens new window) to receive notifications about errata package releases.