# Core SIG
The Core team is responsible for the AlmaLinux OS distribution itself. This includes, but is not limited to building new distribution versions, delivering updates, core tooling development, and maintainance.
The Core SIG uses the SIG/Core (opens new window) chat channel for communication.
- The AlmaLinux OS distribution.
- The mirrors infrastructure: AlmaLinux/mirrors (opens new window).
- The migration script: AlmaLinux/almalinux-deploy (opens new window).
- Bug reports processing: bugs.almalinux.org (opens new window).
# Help wanted
- Technical writers for working on announcements, security bulletins, wiki articles and so on.
- RPM packagers/maintainers.
- We need ppc64le (opens new window) hardware for adding the new architecture support.
- Bug reports processing: collecting information, reproducing, escalating to developers, communicating upstream, etc.
- Design and automate test scenarios: Ansible, Bats (opens new window), Bash, CI/CD, Testinfra (opens new window), Packer (opens new window), Python, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Bash and Python developers for working on distribution tooling.
- Python, PostgreSQL developers for working on our monitoring/build systems and other projects.
If you can help, please join us at Core SIG on Mattermost (opens new window)
# SIG members
- Andrew Lukoshko - The AlmaLinux OS Architect.
- Darya Malyavkina - The director of release engineering at CloudLinux Inc. (opens new window), coordinates the company efforts on the AlmaLinux OS development and support.
- Jack Aboutboul - The AlmaLinux OS community manager.
- Sergey Fokin - The RPM packager and automation engineer.
- GitHub profile: titan-dn (opens new window)
- Stepan Oksanichenko - The software developer and automation engineer.