# Migration SIG
The Migration team is responsible for migration from RHEL8 derivatives to AlmaLinux OS, including documentation and upgrades.
What OSes can be converted:
- CentOS 8
- CentOS Stream 8, 9
- Oracle Linux 8, 9
- RHEL 8, 9
- Rocky Linux 8, 9
- Virtuozzo Linux (VZLinux) 8, 9
Migration from CentOS 7 to RHEL8 derivatives such as AlmaLinux, CentOS, EuroLinux, Rocky, Oracle is also in the Migration Team's duties.
# How to Join
Joining is easy! You can show up to a meeting, pick up an issue from the list by assigning it to yourself, or ask questions in chat! Not every contributor wants to be a part of the SIG, but if you do, joining is simple.
Where we chat
The Migration SIG uses the SIG/Migration (opens new window) chat channel for communication.
Where and when we meet
We do not currently hold regular meetings, but work asynchronously in mattermost to accomplish our goals.
# Activities, projects, and deliverables
- AlmaLinux Leapp patches at: AlmaLinux/leapp-repository (opens new window). Consider this is not a separated forked project.
- Static data files for Leapp utility: AlmaLinux/leapp-data (opens new window)
- Package Evolution Service: pes.almalinux.org (opens new window)
# Help wanted
- Testing various configurations
- Developing scripts for populating unsupported kernel modules and pci ids lists
- Feedback and bug reports
If you can help, please join us at Migration SIG on Mattermost (opens new window).
# SIG members
- Stepan Oksanichenko - Package Evolution Service developer.
- Darya Malyavkina - The director of release engineering at CloudLinux Inc. (opens new window), coordinates the company efforts on the AlmaLinux OS development and support.
- Andrew Lukoshko - The AlmaLinux OS Architect.
- Kamil Aronowski - EuroLinux (opens new window) DevOps Engineer