# Marketing SIG
The Marketing team is responsible for AlmaLinux marketing efforts.
# How to Join
Joining is easy! You can show up to a meeting, pick up an issue from the list by assigning it to yourself, or ask questions in chat! Not every contributor wants to be a part of the SIG, but if you do, joining is simple.
Where we chat
We use the ~Marketing (opens new window) channel for communication on the AlmaLinux mattermost server.
Where/how we meet
Meetings are every other Thursday on Google Meet at 9pm UTC. Join the Marketing channel on chat.almalinux.org (opens new window) and ask benny for the meeting invite! Our meeting notes are kept in Google drive (opens new window).
# Activities, projects, and deliverables
Properties that we are responsible for:
We also provide content for other properties as needed by other SIGs.
Other efforts that we manage:
- Event plans
- Outreach efforts
- Social media management
- Press efforts
# Help wanted
Contributions take all kinds of shapes and sizes, and we welcome everyone! If you have expertise or time and would like to help us out, here are a few things that need help soon, and a place where you can find more information.
- Mastodon automation - we use Sprout Social for scheduling ahead of time right now, but it doesn't work with mastodon!
- Event management and staffing -- help us expand the number of events we can join by helping us staff events local to you!
- Content writers -- especially for the blog and social media
- Website maintainers -- our Hugo migration is complete, but we need to clean it up
- Graphic designers -- we have sticker ideas, but they aren't nearly as pretty as they could be!
- Website translations -- accepted through Weblate (opens new window), automatically sent to the website repo for merging in.
# SIG members
These members share responsibilities between and among each other.
We also have a variety of folks who help us with PR, social media, and website maintenance through submissions to chat or just PRs to the website repo (opens new window).
# Social Media Accounts
We currently have a number of social media accounts that are managed by the SIG members.
# Active accounts
These accounts are actively monitored, updated, and managed by the SIG on a regular basis.
- Mastodon (on fosstodon.org) (opens new window) - password in Vaultwarden
- Twitter (x) (opens new window) - password in Vaultwarden
- Facebook (opens new window) - password in Vaultwarden
- LinkedIn (opens new window) - benny and Jack have 'owner' rights
# Inactive (placeholder) accounts
These accounts are only in place to keep the name owned by us, and to point folks to our active accounts.