# Cloud SIG
The Cloud team is responsible for AlmaLinux OS container and cloud images.
# How to Join
Joining is easy! You can show up to a meeting, pick up an issue from the list by assigning it to yourself, or ask questions in chat! Not every contributor wants to be a part of the SIG, but if you do, joining is simple.
Where we chat
Where and when we meet
We do not currently hold regular meetings, but work asynchronously in mattermost to accomplish our goals.
# Activities, projects, and deliverables
- The AlmaLinux OS Docker/Podman images: AlmaLinux/docker-images (opens new window).
- The AlmaLinux OS cloud images: AlmaLinux/cloud-images (opens new window).
- The LXC Distrobuilder patches: AlmaLinux/distrobuilder (opens new window).
- The LXC CI configuration for AlmaLinux OS: AlmaLinux/lxc-ci (opens new window).
- The container RootFS build tool: AlmaLinux/ks2rootfs (opens new window).
- OpenNebula addons repositories: x86_64 (opens new window) and aarch64 (opens new window)
The pre-built AlmaLinux OS images are listed below:
|AWS Marketplace AMI||aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B094C8ZZ8J (opens new window)|
|AWS community AMIs||wiki.almalinux.org/cloud/AWS.html (opens new window)|
|Docker Hub||hub.docker.com/_/almalinux (opens new window)|
|Generic Cloud (cloud-init)||wiki.almalinux.org/cloud/Generic-cloud.html (opens new window)|
|OpenNebula||wiki.almalinux.org/cloud/OpenNebula.html (opens new window)|
|Google Cloud||cloud.google.com/compute/docs/images#almalinux (opens new window)|
|LXC/LXD||images.linuxcontainers.org (opens new window)|
|Quay||quay.io/almalinuxorg (opens new window)|
|Vagrant boxes||app.vagrantup.com/almalinux (opens new window)|
# Help wanted
- Vagrant + Parallels Desktop box maintainer.
- Optimized images for Digital Ocean and other cloud providers.
- Design and implement an images CI/CD pipeline. Automatically check images for security vulnerabilities.
- Design and automate test scenarios.
- Technical writers for working on documentation.
- DevOps engineers for setting up and maintaining the related infrastructure.
If you can help, please join us at SIG/Cloud on Mattermost (opens new window)
# SIG members
- Elkhan Mammadli - Works on Qemu/Libvirt support.
- Darya Malyavkina - The director of release engineering at CloudLinux Inc. (opens new window), coordinates the company efforts on the AlmaLinux OS development and support.